Failed to connect to DataStage server:(User name and/or password incorrect (80011))

I got this error when I updated the password of my unix id which I used to logon to the Datastage unix server but forgot to update the DS password.

The user registry was shared in my case.

All I needed to do was to logon to the webconsole and change my password to my unix server passoword.

This is because when the user tries to logon to the client with a user id and password, the client tries to connect to the DS server(unix in this case) using the same user id and password and so the client password should be the same as the unix server password.

Please note that the unix user id should be part of the group that has access to the DS engine server.

There are more details in the below link. Here the user registry is not shared.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21426465

1 Comments

  1. You're so cool! I don't think I've truly read a single thing
    like this before. So nice to discover somebody with original thoughts on this subject.
    Really.. thank you for starting this up. This website is one thing that is required on the web,
    someone with a bit of originality!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form