Datastage unix server - find resources

Some very useful commands to find the system resources information of Datastage unix server.

Find more details at the below link -
 
 

 

Hardware

How do I know if my machine is capable of running AIX 5L Version 5.3?
AIX 5L Version 5.3 supports all 32- bit and 64-bit Common Hardware Reference Platform (CHRP)-based IBM Power® hardware. Only 64-bit CHRP systems are supported with AIX 6.1 and AIX V7.1.
How do I know if my machine is CHRP-based?
Run the prtconf command. If it is a CHRP machine, the string chrp appears on the Model Architecture line.
How do I know if my Power Systems machine (hardware) is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Run the prtconf command.
How much real memory does my machine have?
To display real memory in kilobytes (KB), type one of the following:
 
lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem
Can my machine run the 64-bit kernel?
64-bit hardware is required to run the 64-bit kernel.
What are the values of attributes for devices in my system?
To list the current values of the attributes for the tape device, rmt0, type:
 
lsattr -l rmt0 -E
To list the default values of the attributes for the tape device, rmt0, type:
 
lsattr -l rmt0 -D
To list the possible values of the login attribute for the TTY device, tty0, type:
 
lsattr -l tty0 -a login -R
To display system-level attributes, type:
 
lsattr -E -l sys0
How many processors does my system have?
To display the number of processors on your system, type:
 
lscfg | grep proc
How many hard disks does my system have and which ones are in use?
To display the number of hard disks on your system, type:
 
lspv
How do I list information about a specific physical volume?
To find details about hdisk1, for example, run the following command:
 
lspv hdisk1
How do I get a detailed configuration of my system?
Type the following:
 
lscfg
 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form